Umpteen times I have noticed that I get bizarre dreams and eerily similar incidents happen in my real life the next day. It has always intrigued me as to whether this qualifies as pure coincidence or something paranormal, something like premonition.
Some such dreams and the corresponding life incidents I still remember. Last year I dreamt one night that I was in Mumbai, resting in the sweet comforts of my home, laying on the couch reading a book while my brother watched cricket. I further dreamt that my parents came home from somewhere and had loads of bags in their hands. Groceries, I supposed in my dream.
My mom started unpacking the bags and stuffing the fridge while my Dad dumped his share of bags next to Mom's and sank into the couch next to my bro watching cricket. I lectured my Dad in my dream that he should help out Mom as I went in to fulfill my girly duties helping her out, while the guys of the family assumed the roles of couch potatoes.
When I awoke the next morning here in US, I wondered what a weird dream that was. I spoke to my Mom that night and our conversation went around our daily routines just as usual. I asked "What else did you do all day?". She said "Oh we went grocery shopping. I had a big argument with your Dad. I was as tired as him when we came back home but he asked me to put away the items while he rested." I heard with eyes wide open. I asked her "What was bro doing?" And she replied "Oh when he watches cricket on TV, he doesn't hear anything. I didn't expect him to help in the least."
I told her about my dream and she was dumbfounded. She believed me but most people wouldn't. It's just like hearing ghost stories.
Although this was the only incident bearing the most uncanny resemblance to my dream, most other of my dream-life correlation occurrences share only a character or place. Most likely it happens that I dream of a person whom I haven't seen or heard from in a long time, and I either see/get news of/meet/get a call or email from that person the next day.
Last night I dreamt of this lady, whom I haven't spoken to in a year. She is on my facebook friends' list and I haven't interacted with her there at all. I got a dream last night that she sponsored a honeymoon suite for me and my husband as a wedding gift (We got married 2 months back). She gifted us a suite in Courtyard Marriott, a very plush hotel with a chauffeur driven service for the newly weds. I was thanking her and asking her not to do it for us in my dream when I finally woke up. I literally laughed thinking of the ridiculousness of the dream.
Today I go on Facebook and I find that she has 'liked' my wedding picture that I uploaded last week. And 'commented' on my wedding life event wishing me and my husband a very happy wedded life. It struck me once again that this is probably the second most stupefying dream-turning-into-reality event for me (the second most significant one that I can recollect). Not only did the lady appearing in my dream communicate in real life, the situation involved me, my husband and her. And it involved something along the lines of a sweet wishing gesture for my post-wedding time.
So in my dream chronicles that I record from time to time, I have decided to put down writings of all such crazy deja vu dreams too along with describing the masala-movie type dreams I get often.
Looks like dreams hold a very special place in my life. No wonder then that I love to sleep. It's like going to a cinema free of cost. Only the movie never reaches 'The End'.
No comments:
Post a Comment