Thursday, February 13, 2014

Birds Forever

My interest in birds dates back to the 90s, when I was a mere teenager moved by the musical notes of the MagPie Robin. Back then I had restlessly looked for the name of the bird and even assumed it was a 'Lark', a name I had read in a bird book.

Joining BONC- "Barn Owl Nature Club"- took me miles ahead in learning about nature and birds and nurtured my interest like never before. I felt like I must maintain a log of all the birds I know and still remember and can identify (amongst the hundreds of other birds I once knew). With this blog post I have promised myself to rekindle my own interest in bird / nature watch and pursue this passion with a renewed energy.

And I must thank my husband for getting me started on this once again. (He saw a bird perched on a tree and took the effort of finding it's name. And that was enough to get me reminiscent and enthusiastic all over again....)



Magpie Robin

Green bee eater

White breasted kingfisher

Pied Kingfisher

Red Wattled Lapwing


Yellow Wattled Lapwing


Pond Heron

Cattle Egret

Little Egret

Water Moorhen

Purple Rumped Sunbird


Barn Owl

Golden Oriole
Black Hooded Oriole

Rufus Backed Shrike


Blue Jay

Rufous Male Paradise Flycatcher


White Male Paradise Flycatcher


Pied Mynah


Iora

Hoopooe


Emerald Dove

Spotted Dove

Jungle Crow


Brahminy Kite

King Vulture


Pariah Kite

Flamingo



Brahminy Duck

Baya Weaver Bird

Tailor Bird


Red Vented Bulbul

Red Whiskered Bulbul

Woodpecker

Coppersmith


Sandpiper

Spoonbill


Great Hornbill


Great Indian Bustard

Nightjar

Swallow

Olive backed sunbird

Bald Eagle

Guinea Fowl

Humming bird

Cuckoo

Black Drongo


Racket Tailed Drongo

Ashy Wren Warbler

Fantailed Flycatcher

Painted Bunting

Northern Cardinal

Crow Pheasant

Rose Ringed Parakeet

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Akhila!! :) I have to still update and cite the image sources...These are not clicked by me!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any way to get a higher rez version of the bald eagle sitting on the perch with outstretched wings for a life size painting I am going to do? If so, could you email it to john(dot)enete(at)gmail(dot)com. I'll gladly send you a pick of the final painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Sorry I never checked your comment earlier. I guess the image I had used in this blog post is no longer available for public access.
    Like I mentioned above, these were pictures I found on the internet and I used their URLs directly in this post. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

    ReplyDelete