In yet another occurrence of a bizarre dream, I realized how deep some thoughts could be. I fail to understand what I could be imagining in my subconscious state to get such dreams that baffle even the most insensible side of me.
I realized this dream deserved being logged owing to its uniqueness and completeness. So here I am, writing down the second piece in the series of my dream chronicles before the memories of the dream get drained away.
I was with a bunch of childhood friends from the great 'BARC Colony'. We were on an 'industrial visit' to a place that had no industry in sight. It was a vast barren land with pieces of rocks lying around. The rocks in themselves were humungous in size, almost as big as us or even bigger. One of us had apparently been to this place before. So, she guided us as to how the rocks 'worked'.
We were to touch any rock and stand still and the rock could take us back in time. It was a time machine rock. Within no time we were trying it out. I touched a big rock and stood there with my hand on it. Within a couple of seconds I was in kindergarten, remembering and seeing things I did not even know I had experienced- Playing hide and seek with friends, all of us pretending to be woodcutters while one friend pretended to be the ghost, ready to pounce from behind the tree. I had almost forgotten this game. It was like playing a sophisticated version of hide and seek, with a tinge of masala. The woodcutters had to run and hide while the ghost tried to catch.
My friends in the dream agreed that they could see kindergarten too, although we all had our eyes wide open (while in reality I was dreaming with my eyes closed).
As we went ahead marveling the time machine rocks, we saw something that made our hearts freeze. There was a big water body in front of us. A large ship was anchored in it. We were engulfed in a weird fog that had come out of nowhere and through which we could hardly see. A 'thing' started emerging from the ship. It took us a while to figure out what it was. It looked like a fellow human being but as the creature came forward, we heard him letting out a roar. We screamed and realized it was something evil. It was a zombie but nothing like what I had seen in movies before. It was mere skeleton and nothing else. But its bones were red in color and its face was ghastly. He was no skeleton. He was a 'Mummy'- without the wraps.
We turned around and ran and ran until we reached a graveyard. There we saw the most unearthly sight. Another bigger zombie-mummy walking towards us. As expected, he came towards me. I was petrified and stood rooted to the spot, ready to lose my life. My friends in the dream had mysteriously disappeared. The creature walked towards me steadily. As I prepared to scream again, all of a sudden he stilled and fell back to the ground with great force. I looked around to see who killed him, when a man came forward. He was no mummy, he was normal and looked like a priest of some sort.
He explained to me that these mummies have existed on earth forever. Only we humans never knew about them. He explained to me that "A zombie-mummy is born after some years of a human's death. They break out of the coffin and come out to lead a life again. However since they are devoid of any flesh or supporting organs they fail to live long and die within a day."
And I realized in my dream with supposed enlightenment that this was why some religions buried and not burned the dead, so as to give them a second chance to live. I was touched.
The man then told me that some of the zombie-mummies could kill humans out of envy for the normal life we led; and I suddenly forgot my enlightenment and sympathy, to wonder if it was better to burn the dead. No worries about zombie-mummies being re-born.
When I thought of this and smiled I heard another roar and turned around. A zombie-mummy was on its way towards me. I stood smiling waiting for it to fall behind and die, but that was not happening. I waited and waited as the mummy got closer and closer. I looked around to ask for the priest's help and saw that he had disappeared too, just like my friends. I heard the roar of the zombie-mummy close to my ear as I dreadfully understood its proximity to me.
That was the end of my dream. My fried brain probably cursed me for dreaming nonsense and woke me up.
I lay in my bed once again wondering "What was all that about?".
And I idly wondered what in the world I did to deserve such dreams. Well, the passion for horror is probably embedded deep within me, so when I dont watch scary movies my mind produces one of its own. Complete with script, screenplay and direction. The only thing missing is a title. So here I give that in my blog - "The mystery of the coffin" :)
Long live scary movies!!
No comments:
Post a Comment