Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Peace of Mind


A dark cloud of envy
enveloped the young girl,
when she witnessed the silks, the jewelry
and beautiful hair in curls,
Her friend looked stunning, She pondered,
"Why can I not be more like her?
Oh lord, I just need peace of mind.
So what if I have no beauty, diamonds or pearls."


A dark tunnel of anger
invaded the young girl,
when she watched success, prosperity
and a pompous show unfurled
by the inept and unintelligent, She wondered,
"Why can I too not be a pretender?
Oh lord I just need peace of mind,
So what if I am not a desperate winner."

A dark smoke of sorrow
engulfed the young girl,
when she beheld death, pain and suffering
of soldiers battling the world.
"While people didn't care to save each other", She wondered,
"Why can I not be unbothered?
Oh lord I just need peace of mind,
So I can be different from the others."

A white light of divinity
surrounded the young girl
when she dreamt of the Lord Himself
towering over her
"What is it that you really need?"
softly asked the Creator

The young girl tried to think over
But felt a change of mind
"I need a pretty face
So I don't feel jealous", she sighed
"I need wit and some cunning
So I can beat this world's pride,
I need to possess apathy
So I can live, knowing that people died."

A light gentle breeze
touched the young girl,
when she heard the Lord's answer,
As He smiled at her
"Are these what you really need?",
gently asked the Creator.

"You don't need a pretty face
For it is an illusion of the eye
You don't need wit and cunning
For you can defeat dishonesty if you tried
You can forever be kind hearted
And always help the mankind
All you need my child,
Is just some peace of mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment